Pages

Tuesday, December 2, 2014

December Card Class - Starry Card


This card design was inspired by Cindee Wilkinson, but I changed up her color scheme and placement of the greeting. Start with a Crumb Cake cardstock base, Layer Garden Green cardstock next. The top layer is Whisper White embossed with the Lucky Stars embossing folder, done on the Big Shot. The star is made using the Star Framelits cut on the Big Shot. The largest star is cut from Crumb Cake cardstock. Then next I cut out the green star from retired Designer Series Paper I had on hand but I used the star framelit that was the outside size so it would fit under the Champagne Glimmer Paper star once I cut that.  So the Champagne Glimmer Paper star was cut at the same time using two coordinating sized star framelits held by the Magnetic Platform on the Big Shot. So once the green layer and glimmer layers were cut out, I glued them together and trimmed off any excess with my paper snips. The greeting comes from the hostess set Good Greetings stamped in Garden Green ink. It was punched out with the Modern Label punch. I had a retired button that was just the right shade and threaded it with Whisper White Baker's Twine. Definitely a Star studded card!

Thanks for taking a look!





post signature