Pages

Saturday, March 16, 2013

Two Make and Take Ideas

These two cards were the result of trying to do simple and easy for a friend's class with new stampers. I'll have to say I think I was successful, as everyone was smiling with their cards as they left the class.
 
 
 
A piece of jewelry that I own inspired me to try this punch art bunny. Two ovals and an upside down heart is all you need!  I used Pretty in Pink ink applied with a pinky finger for the ears and cheeks. I drew on the eyes and whiskers with the Basic Black Stampin' Write Marker. The Pretty in Pink circle punched nose is what I chose after trying buttons and thinking the bunny looked like a pig! The bow is Twitterpated fabric paired with the Whisper White bunny. Card base was Whisper White cardstock, Baja Breeze, and Floral District DSP. Wacky Wishes is the stamp set stamped with black Stazon Ink. Whisper White 1/4" stitched grosgrain wraps around the card front and is taped underneath the rabbit for a finished look.

 
I've done a similar card design before, but decided to try a different twist by adding the decorative label in More Mustard with Real Red sponged edges to match the sponged flower center of the same combination. I used the new stamp in the January Best of 25 years set stamped in black Stazon on Whisper White, punched out with an oval punch. The label combo is raised off the card front with dimensionals.  The finishing touch is using the white gel pen to hand dot the edge around the flower petals.
 
I hope these designs encourage you to try combining some new combinations of punches for a fun result. Thanks for visiting!


post signature

2 comments:

  1. The bunny is so cute — definitely gonna try that one!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! That bunny is easy to do, make a bunch!

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment! I appreciate hearing from my readers. If you have a question or anything I can help with please let me know. Have a wonderful day!