Pages

Friday, August 10, 2012

Fun Fold Wedding Card

My next Stamp Camp is coming up Aug 18 or 19, so over the next few days I'll be revealing the four cards we'll be doing.  This Fun Fold Wedding Card was inspired by the September issue of Card Maker magazine and a you tube tutorial, but I didn't record who the designer was, so I'm sorry. The card in the magazine was a Halloween card and I may try one in the future.


I wish my photo shows off the Pink Pirouette paper in dots and stripes better, but you get the idea. I used the Love and Laughter set exclusively for this card. I stamped the images on Whisper White with Black Stazon ink then backed them with more of the Pink Pirouette with freehand cutting. The 4-petal flowers are punched from Primrose Petals with pearls in the middle, and the 1/8" taffeta ribbon is Regal Rose. I think they go together pretty well.  This card has a belly band to hold it closed.

You will need two pieces of cardstock cut 10" long. Then mark 3-1/4" on one side and 6-1/4" on the other. Draw a line to connect the two marks - that is your cutting line for the sloped top edge. Repeat for second piece of cardstock.

The scoring is easy. Place the base of the card against your measuring edge on your score board. Score at 2", 4", and 6" starting at the narrow edge.  Repeat for second piece of cardstock.  Then fold the cardstock to create the zig-zag effect as shown. 

For the Color Collection Designer Series Paper Stack, I used the Pink Pirouette dots and stripes out of the Subtle Collection (117152 for $21.95.)   Each strip is cut 1-7/8" wide and the sloping angle was traced with a pencil before cutting. For the full inside of the card that strip was cut 3-7/8" wide and again the angle traced.  I used a small piece for the upper left hand corner that peeks out.


Here's the card slightly opened.
You could make this card in any color combination to suit your bride and groom.

You can order the stamp set at my online store, just click the link in my blog.
125475 in Wood for $22.95
125477 in Clear for $17.95

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment! I appreciate hearing from my readers. If you have a question or anything I can help with please let me know. Have a wonderful day!